Friday 28 February 2014

Financial Literacy.... my #1 commitment to Investors.

The last few days have been really action packed.

First, my views/comments were published (here) in one of Goa's upcoming newspaper's The Goan.

Then (on Tuesday) came a last minute call from the organiser's of  Funancial Quest, an initiative by the National Stock Exchange to create Financial Literacy among school and college teachers and (more importantly) students. This (opportunity) I grabbed with both hands and travelled to Panjim from Margao.
It is always a challenge to speak in front of a large gathering, but I feel its even more challenging to speak infront of teachers when you yourself have been a student once. थोड़ स दर्पण येत (you are under pressure).

Nevertheless, instead of presenting I simply interacted with them covering all the required content provided to me. All of them enjoyed the experience and were amazed when I told them(at the end of the conversation) that I had been called up to deliver at the last moment. The session was also attended by assistant vice president for National Stock Exchange Mr. Arup Mukherjee.

Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They're both important and schools are forgetting one of them.
Robert Kiyosaki


Literacy in India is improving by the day, no doubt about that, but what about Financial Literacy?


A recent survey shows that financial literacy in India is quite low(lower than even Bangladesh)!! This is quite alarming. Hence, I would like to re-dedicate myself towards creating awareness on Financial Literacy

This will always be my #1 commitment to Investors.

No comments:

Post a Comment